Are you still dealing with the symptoms of burnout? Now, here’s a list of things that you can do to manage (your) stress and its effects better.
1. Recognize the minor irritants or hassles that upset you.
2. Accept what you cannot change and work on things that you have good control of.
3. Learn the Correct Breathing Techniques.
4. Do simple stretching activities.
5. Learn simple mental relaxation techniques.
6. Recognize your physical reactions, tensions and body aches.
7. Have a good massage of the neck, shoulder and back muscles.
8. Hone your muscles, exercise 25-30 minutes at least 3 x a week.
9. Maintain a healthy Life Style:
– reduce alcohol intake
– have adequate sleep
– have proper nutrition
– enough rest and relaxation
10. Find meaning in what you do
11. Attend Stress Management Trainings/Workshops
12. Smile (it takes 15 muscles to smile and 48 muscles to frown).
Source: National Mental Health Program