Here’s one for blogging enthusiast like me. Give your hands a break will yah? 😀
People with hand-intensive jobs should do the following ten-minute exercise warm up before starting for work, to prevent carpal tunnel syndrome.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeon has developed these easy steps for you.
1. Extend and stretch both wrist and fingers acutely as if they are in a hand-stand position. (Hold for a count of five)
2. Straighten both wrists and relax fingers.
3. Make a tight fist with both hands.
4. Then bend both wrists down while keeping the fist. (Hold for a count of five.)
5. Straighten both wrists and relax fingers, for a count of five.
6. Repeat exercise for 10 times, then hang arms loosely at sides and shake them for a couple of seconds. Total exercise time should be about five to 10 minutes. Then go safely back to work.
Source: HealthBeat, DOH Magazine. Repost
Related Posts via Categories