How much sleep does a person need? For a person my age, six hours of sleep is enough to make me feel energetic all day. But sometimes it becomes more difficult to get a good night’s sleep as people age. It rarely happens to me though because music helps me to sleep. I used to listen to classical and instrumental (sound of best mid range acoustic guitar) music. The sound seems to clear my mind off any worries before I go to bed.
This season is a good time to reflect on things that we did or haven’t done in the past year, and make amends. Holy Week is also the best time to rest and relax. Many are now probably heading towards the beach or other vacation spots in the Philippines carrying their backpacks. For those who choose to stay at home or could still be working on a project while on vacation, take time to plan a regular list of rest and relaxation activities.
Here’s a useful tip from the health and fitness experts:
- Take a break. Plan a vacation with your family or close friends.
- Meditate, or learn how to.
- Talk to children.
- Do something for other people rather than wasting time over your worries.
- Avoid trying to do everything at once. Put your activities in an order of priority.
- Take a warm bath at the end of a draining day.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Exercise regularly. Choose one exercise that you can enjoy. Do it frequently.
- And take up creative hobbies – you will feel wonderfully satisfied.
*Don’t forget to reflect on the real purpose of the season.
Image courtesy of Photokanok at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
I’m taking Visanne tabs for one week now. The medication has been recommended by an OB-GYNE after I suffered bleeding (again) last Feb. 18 which also caused my hospitalization for six days at the East Avenue Medical Center.
I have read a lot of effects from taking the pill. However, I’m keeping a positive attitude towards this new treatment. I’m looking forward to get better after six months.
Dienogest given in isolation is available for the treatment of endometriosis under the trade name Visanne. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dienogest